If you’ve mastered the basics, but need to improve your productivity and do things faster by using Styles and Outlines, sign up for this course and use your newly mastered skills on all your documents!
This course is all about making your documents look great, fast. You’ll learn how to share documents and work collaboratively, using the team’s ideas and choosing which to keep. At the end of this course you’ll know how to create a mail merged document, which can be addressed individually to thousands of recipients.
This One Day course will help take the drudgery out of your work and you’ll learn how to fly through your tasks in half the time!
One of the useful extra tips you’ll pick up on the day
Ways to attend
Classroom Training – Public courses are available or for group training we can deliver Onsite Training.
Online Training – by appointment
Who is it for?
You should know your way around the keyboard and have covered the basics
£300 + VAT
- Course Content
- You’ll learn more about formatting, styles and how to use Outlines to move sections of your document around without cutting & pasting. Styles like Heading 1 let you reformat on the fly, navigate long documents, and instantly get an updatable table of contents. Fewer mistakes, more speed.
- You’ll progress to effortless production of great looking tables to keep your text in line.
- You can use beautiful diagrams and SmartArt to creatively display ideas and concepts.
- Once you understand how to use Sections you’ll be able to format different parts of the document individually, which speeds up your work. Master the use of Columns and see how you can use Word’s inbuilt design features to make professional looking reports and other publications effortlessly.
- Learn how to work as a team on a document, tracking changes made by individuals and choosing which to accept or reject. Need to know how to compare and combine similar documents? You will learn it in this lesson.
- Everything you need to know to create mail merge letters, label sheets and envelopes. Find out how to create or use your data list and create merge codes so every letter is addressed individually.
Work as a team on your document
Hands-on exercises and demonstrations help you gain in-class practice creating engagement programs. Take-home your very own Microsoft Certified Manual to help extend your learning beyond the class as you apply what you have learned back in your job. Public courses include lunch and all refreshments. You’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement upon successful completion of the course.
Suggested follow-on courses