Intended for Advanced Excel users this one day exclusive course runs through an overview of how to use the 4 new tools – Get & Transform, Power Pivot, Power View and Power Maps. Examine the capability of the new Business Intelligence tools in Excel and how to use them to create great Data Visualisations and Dashboards. These brilliant features are only available in Microsoft Excel version 2013 and above.
Pre-requisites: Windows , Excel Secrets, Excel Ninjas and Excel Gurus or equivalent knowledge/skills.
Ways to attend
Classroom Training – Public courses are available or we can come to you.
Please call us on 01952 581 550
Who is it for?
This course is specifically designed for office users, managers, accountants and data analysts. Delegates on this course should have existing advanced knowledge of Excel, and we will turn you into an Excel expert. We will cover some of Excel’s best kept secrets and will look in detail at:
£400 + VAT
(Discounts may be applied for multiple delegates bookings) Call us to find out more
- Get & Transform allows data crunchers to get hold of public and internal data from many sources and combine them to share them with others.
• Identify Data Sources Internally
• Search for data publicly available
• Previewing data
• Combining data from different sources
• Sharing to collaborate with others
- PowerView gives Excel users the ability to create dashboards to view many types of Charts and Tables and see them change over time using simple controls. The data analyst would create the PowerViews for management to see and manipulate their data in a very interactive way.
• Creating a new Dashboard
• Using data from multiple sources
• Types of Charts
• Types of Tables
• Using Filters
• Deleting & Editing Dashboard elements
• Refreshing Data
- Power Pivot
Pivot Tables are a terrific tool in Excel allowing large amounts of information to be compressed and filtered, even shown using a PivotChart. The latest tool is PowerPivot, which allows the joining of data from several tables and on our course delegates will learn in a workshop session how to create and edit relationships between files and tables within Excel.
• Manipulating large amounts of data
• Joining data from several tables
• Creating & Editing Relationships between files and Tables
• Power PivotTables and PivotCharts
- PowerMaps are the awesome new way of combining ‘geo-spacial data’ with map data and overlaying bar charts or heat maps onto Bing Maps and creating a ‘video’ with scenes and even music, panning in and out from space to a specific location where you want to display that data.
• Launching Power Map
• Creating New Maps with Layers
• Geography and Map Level
• Types of Map Themes
• Adding Map Labels
• Creating Video
• Adding Scenes
• Playing a Tour & Adding Music
• Playing within PowerPoint
Hands-on exercises and demonstrations help you gain in-class practice creating engagement programs. Take-home your very own Microsoft Certified Manual to help extend your learning beyond the class as you apply what you have learned back in your job.
Suggested follow-on courses