Intended for Advanced Excel users this one day exclusive course runs through an overview of how to use new tools – Power Query, Power Pivot and Power Maps.
On this One Day course you will learn how to clean, manipulate and refresh large amounts of data. Our training is in small groups with an experienced Microsoft approved trainer and it is ‘hands on’ exercises to give you practical experience to take back to your workplace. We also steer you towards further resources to help you after the class.
You’ll take a first look at the capability of the new Business Intelligence tools in Excel and see how they are used to take the data you have cleansed to create insights using Data Visualisations and Dashboards for Management Reports.
Further training on this topic, including creating DAX formulas and measures, is in the Excel Visualisations course.
Pre-requisite knowledge: Windows, Excel Secrets, Excel Ninjas and Excel Gurus or equivalent knowledge/skills.
Power Query allows data crunchers to get and transform data from many sources and combine with others using clear visualizations.
• Combine data from files in a folder add data and refresh
• Combine sheets from a workbook, add data and refresh
• Manipulate large amounts of data within Power Query
• Produce a refreshable table / Pivot Table / Pivot Charts of your combined data
• Combining data from different sources – Excel, .csv, .txt or .pdf files
• Creating PowerPivot Tables by creating relationships between files
Pivot Tables are a terrific tool in Excel allowing large amounts of information to be compressed and filtered, even shown using a PivotChart. The latest tool is PowerPivot, which allows the joining of data from several tables and on our course delegates will learn in a workshop session how to create and edit relationships between files and tables within Excel.
• Manipulating large amounts of data
• Joining data from several tables
• Creating & Editing Relationships between files and Tables
• Power PivotTables and PivotCharts
PowerMaps are the awesome new way of combining ‘geo-spacial data’ with map data and overlaying bar charts or heat maps onto Bing Maps and creating a ‘video’ with scenes and even music, panning in and out from space to a specific location where you want to display that data.• Launching Power Map
• Creating New Maps with Layers
• Geography and Map Level
• Types of Map Themes
• Adding Map Labels
• Creating Video
• Adding Scenes
• Playing a Tour & Adding Music
• Playing within PowerPoint
Introduction to PowerBI Desktop gives Excel users the ability to create dashboards to view many types of Charts and Tables and see them change over time using simple controls. The data analyst would create the Visualisations for management to see and manipulate their data in a very interactive way.• Creating a new Dashboard
• Using data from multiple sources
• Types of Charts
• Types of Tables
• Using Filters
• Deleting & Editing Dashboard elements
• Refreshing Data
This course is specifically designed for office users, managers, accountants and data analysts. Delegates on this course should have existing advanced knowledge of Excel, and we will turn you into an Excel expert.
£450 + VAT per person