One of the most useful ones that I’ve been teaching for years, that works in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint is Autocorrect. It’s great to add to the dictionary of commonly mistyped words, but I use it to save time typing things that I can program it to do for me. I can add in paragraphs that I’ve typed elsewhere by copying and pasting them into Autocorrect so that I can fill them into my document with a simple couple of keys. I also use it for other simple but time-consuming things! What does it do for me?
- Saves me mis-typing my name by holding down Shift a fraction too long.
- Saves me ever having to type my name again!
- Saves me ever having to type my email address again!
- Saves me ever having to type my website address again!
- Saves me typing commonly used paragraphs eg disclaimer paragraphs.
By the way, the shortcut keys Alt + T, A will bring up the Autocorrect box straight away.
Take a look at my ‘How To’ video which is just over 3 minutes long to learn how to do something that will eventually free up hours of your life to do something more interesting!
Check out how to do this by clicking this link
If you find this blog useful, why not sign up on the right to receive my weekly blogs in your Inbox?